Sleep is one of those things in life that we feel like we have little control over and just have to deal with what we get. However, getting proper sleep can help improve several symptoms of anxiety, depression, stress or anger. If you find that you’re only getting about 4 hours of sleep each night and are constantly waking up throughout the night, I guarantee you’ll notice a difference once you start sleeping more soundly and for a longer duration.
Maybe you find that you’re sleeping throughout the day. Overcome with depression, you don’t have much energy and don’t feel like doing anything. So, you lay in bed all day nodding off from time to time. When it comes time to sleep for the night, you find it very difficult to initially fall asleep and perhaps wake up throughout the night.
Depression itself can also cause sleep problems as well as sleep problems can influence depression. Insomnia, for example, is very common among depressed, anxious or stressed individuals. They could have problems falling asleep, difficult to stay asleep, waking up exhausted and not refreshed, and being sleepy during the day. Along with this, having sleep apnea can influence depressive symptoms and research has shown that those with this illness are five times more likely to suffer from breathing issues during sleep. This is why I recommend going to see your medical doctor first to rule out any possible medical symptoms. If you’re sleeping pretty poorly, then I would also recommend having a sleep study done. If you do a Google search for your area, you’re very likely to find a place near you.
There’s also been research which has shown that those who suffer from insomnia are more likely to have very severe and/or longer lasting depression symptoms. This same research illustrated a direct correlation between mood disorders and sleep issues. In fact, among those diagnosed with depression, stress or anxiety issues, 73% had problems with their sleep.
Sleep is also the main time when your body heals and restores itself to a normal state. If you have problems getting to sleep, having your sleep disrupted, or not enough sleep, this can lead to higher levels of stress, vigilance and anger issues. Getting inadequate sleep will lead to fatigue during the day. More fatigue equates to less physical activity and then leads to a sharp decline in your level of fitness. This all builds until you’re in a never-ending cycle of inactivity and sleep issues, which will worsen both your physical well-being as well as your mental health.
If you see your medical doctor and mention problems with your sleep, they are likely to prescribe something to help you sleep. Some antidepressants can help with sleep as well as treat your anxiety, depression, stress or anger. There’s also hypnotics, normally called sleeping pills, such as ambien, lunesta, restoril, sonata or rozeram which can lead to better sleep. Make sure to talk with your doctor as well about possible side effects as well.
Some things you can do yourself can help you to fall asleep naturally:
1. Listening to relaxing music or reading a book can hasten relaxation and calm your thoughts.
2. Exercise is a huge factor in the quality of and ability to fall asleep.
3. No caffeine, alcohol or nicotine after dinner is also a good rule to follow. This is especially true if you have anxiety or stress issues.
4. If you find that you can’t get to sleep and are restless, get up out of bed and go do something till you do feel very tired.
5. Taking a nice bath or hot shower before bed can also help.
6. Ambient sound, nature or a white noise machine can not only help distract your thoughts (a good thing if you have anxiety) as well as influence your sleep.
7. Finally, make sure that the room is completely dark and you’re not too hot when in bed.
If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to list them below.
Incoming search terms:
- laying in bed all day
- wanting to sleep all the time
- WHY DO I lay in bed all day
- i just want to stay in bed all day
- why do i want to sleep all day
- i lay in bed all day
- depression in bed all day
- all i want to do is lay in bed
- does sleep help depression
- depression bed all day
- sleeping all day depression
- lay in bed all day
- i want to sleep all the time
- want to sleep all the time
- i just want to sleep all the time
- wanting to stay in bed all day
- why do i want to sleep all the time
- is it bad to lay in bed all day
- i just want to sleep all day
- depression lay in bed all day
- why do i sleep all the time
- lying in bed all day
- i stay in bed all day depression
- what happens if you lay in bed all day
- sleeping all the time depression
- wanting to sleep all day
- want to sleep all day
- only sleeping 4 hours a night
- in bed all day depressed
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups take effect
- is it normal to sleep all day
- depression lying in bed all day
- just want to lay in bed all day
- THE IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP
- why do i sleep all day
- does sleep help anxiety
- not wanting to sleep
- effects of laying in bed all day
- just want to sleep all the time
- why do i just want to sleep
- why do i just want to sleep all the time
- sleep depression anxiety
- lying in bed all day depression
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups drug rehab centers indonesia
- importance of sleeping
- i just want to lie in bed all day
- can sleep help depression
- sleeping all day
- does sleeping help depression
- just want to sleep all day
- why do i want to lay in bed all day
- lie in bed all day
- all i want to do is sleep
- why do i stay in bed all day
- importance of sleep
- being in bed all day
- anxiety at night only
- all i want to do is lie in bed
- only getting 4 hours of sleep
- why do i want to lay down all the time
- i just sleep all day
- sleep all the time depression
- i only sleep 4 hours a night
- all i feel like doing is sleeping
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups hungarian food
- i can only sleep during the day
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups physical science definition
- depression lying in bed
- depressed laying in bed
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups eating light
- all i want to do is sleep and be alone
- depression and sleeping all day
- staying up all night and sleeping all day
- what does it mean when all you wana do is sleep
- i lay down all day
- all i want to do is sleep all day and night
- all i want to do is eat and sleep
- what does it mean when you just want to sleep all the time
- depression and wanting to sleep
- desire to sleep when anxious and depressed
- extreme anxiety lie down bed
- i want to lie down all the time
- want to sleep all the time am i depressed
- things to help you fall asleep with anxiety
- tired in bed all day
- the only thing i can do is lay in the dark
- want to stay in bed all the time
- want to stay in bed
- the importance of rest during depression
- want to stay in bed all the time phobia
- wanting to laydown all the time
- what to do when all i want to do is sleep
- When i lie down i fall asleep? Is something wrong?
- when your depressed father sleeps allday
- why depression makes you feel like staying im bed
- why do i always want to lay down
- why do i feel like i want to lie in bed all day
- why do i jus wana sleep?
- why do i lie in bed all
- why do i like lying in bed all day