Sleep is one of those things in life that we feel like we have little control over and just have to deal with what we get. However, getting proper sleep can help improve several symptoms of anxiety, depression, stress or anger. If you find that you’re only getting about 4 hours of sleep each night and are constantly waking up throughout the night, I guarantee you’ll notice a difference once you start sleeping more soundly and for a longer duration.
Maybe you find that you’re sleeping throughout the day. Overcome with depression, you don’t have much energy and don’t feel like doing anything. So, you lay in bed all day nodding off from time to time. When it comes time to sleep for the night, you find it very difficult to initially fall asleep and perhaps wake up throughout the night.
Depression itself can also cause sleep problems as well as sleep problems can influence depression. Insomnia, for example, is very common among depressed, anxious or stressed individuals. They could have problems falling asleep, difficult to stay asleep, waking up exhausted and not refreshed, and being sleepy during the day. Along with this, having sleep apnea can influence depressive symptoms and research has shown that those with this illness are five times more likely to suffer from breathing issues during sleep. This is why I recommend going to see your medical doctor first to rule out any possible medical symptoms. If you’re sleeping pretty poorly, then I would also recommend having a sleep study done. If you do a Google search for your area, you’re very likely to find a place near you.
There’s also been research which has shown that those who suffer from insomnia are more likely to have very severe and/or longer lasting depression symptoms. This same research illustrated a direct correlation between mood disorders and sleep issues. In fact, among those diagnosed with depression, stress or anxiety issues, 73% had problems with their sleep.
Sleep is also the main time when your body heals and restores itself to a normal state. If you have problems getting to sleep, having your sleep disrupted, or not enough sleep, this can lead to higher levels of stress, vigilance and anger issues. Getting inadequate sleep will lead to fatigue during the day. More fatigue equates to less physical activity and then leads to a sharp decline in your level of fitness. This all builds until you’re in a never-ending cycle of inactivity and sleep issues, which will worsen both your physical well-being as well as your mental health.
If you see your medical doctor and mention problems with your sleep, they are likely to prescribe something to help you sleep. Some antidepressants can help with sleep as well as treat your anxiety, depression, stress or anger. There’s also hypnotics, normally called sleeping pills, such as ambien, lunesta, restoril, sonata or rozeram which can lead to better sleep. Make sure to talk with your doctor as well about possible side effects as well.
Some things you can do yourself can help you to fall asleep naturally:
1. Listening to relaxing music or reading a book can hasten relaxation and calm your thoughts.
2. Exercise is a huge factor in the quality of and ability to fall asleep.
3. No caffeine, alcohol or nicotine after dinner is also a good rule to follow. This is especially true if you have anxiety or stress issues.
4. If you find that you can’t get to sleep and are restless, get up out of bed and go do something till you do feel very tired.
5. Taking a nice bath or hot shower before bed can also help.
6. Ambient sound, nature or a white noise machine can not only help distract your thoughts (a good thing if you have anxiety) as well as influence your sleep.
7. Finally, make sure that the room is completely dark and you’re not too hot when in bed.
If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to list them below.
Incoming search terms:
- laying in bed all day
- wanting to sleep all the time
- WHY DO I lay in bed all day
- i just want to stay in bed all day
- why do i want to sleep all day
- i lay in bed all day
- depression in bed all day
- all i want to do is lay in bed
- does sleep help depression
- depression bed all day
- sleeping all day depression
- want to sleep all the time
- lay in bed all day
- i want to sleep all the time
- i just want to sleep all the time
- why do i want to sleep all the time
- wanting to stay in bed all day
- is it bad to lay in bed all day
- i just want to sleep all day
- depression lay in bed all day
- why do i sleep all the time
- i stay in bed all day depression
- lying in bed all day
- sleeping all the time depression
- what happens if you lay in bed all day
- wanting to sleep all day
- want to sleep all day
- only sleeping 4 hours a night
- in bed all day depressed
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups take effect
- is it normal to sleep all day
- depression lying in bed all day
- THE IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP
- just want to lay in bed all day
- why do i sleep all day
- not wanting to sleep
- effects of laying in bed all day
- just want to sleep all the time
- does sleep help anxiety
- sleep depression anxiety
- why do i just want to sleep all the time
- why do i just want to sleep
- lying in bed all day depression
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups drug rehab centers indonesia
- importance of sleeping
- can sleep help depression
- sleeping all day
- does sleeping help depression
- i just want to lie in bed all day
- why do i want to lay in bed all day
- just want to sleep all day
- why do i stay in bed all day
- lie in bed all day
- importance of sleep
- anxiety at night only
- all i want to do is sleep
- only getting 4 hours of sleep
- being in bed all day
- all i want to do is lie in bed
- i only sleep 4 hours a night
- i just sleep all day
- all i feel like doing is sleeping
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups hungarian food
- sleep all the time depression
- why do i want to lay down all the time
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups physical science definition
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups eating light
- i can only sleep during the day
- depressed laying in bed
- depression lying in bed
- someone who lays around and sleeps all the time
- all i want to do is lie down
- all things about stress
- why do i want to stay in bed all day?
- just want to lie down or sleep all the time
- just want to lay in bed all the time
- Why do I want to stay in bed
- staying up late depression
- depression stay in bed
- Is it common for depressed people to sleep all day
- depression and staying up late
- why am i wanting to sleep all the time
- depression laying inbed all day
- does anxiety make u want wanting to sleep all the time
- what happens to your body if you lay around all the time
- why do i want to lay around all weekend?
- effects of lying in bed all day
- stay in bed all day anxiety
- sleeping all the time
- sleep all day depression
- staying in bed and depression
- sleeping 15 hours a day anxiety
- sleeping all day dealing with anxiety and depression
- word for sleeping all the time when depressed
- will laying around only resting eating sleeping all the time be bad for you
- why is is not ok to stay in bed during a depression episode
- staying up all night and sleeping all day
- what happens physically from lying in bed for 4 days
- WHAT HAPPERES TO THE BODY FROM LAYING DOWN ALL THE TIME
- what is the medical term for wanting to lay in all day?