Before you undertake any form of mental health counseling, you have to first rule out any medical condition that might be an underlying issue. If you do have a medical condition, sometimes addressing that will cause your other symptoms to lessen or disappear.
For example, if you are a 40’s something year-old male who is suffering from low testosterone levels – depression is very often a symptom. If you’re a male and 28 years old or older, getting your testosterone levels checked is something that should be part of your initial visit with a medical doctor. Also, please make sure that the
levels you have are appropriate for your age group. Some doctors will tell you that your levels are just within the “normal” range for men. Well, that’s fine, but a 40 year-old should not have the testosterone levels of a 70-year old.
Other conditions that could be an underlying issue for depression may include: diabetes, irregular hormone levels in both men and women, sleep apnea, alcoholism, a virus, drug dependency, and post-partum. There are others as well that are less understood, but the best advice is to get into your medical doctor first before doing anything else.
If, after you’ve been diagnosed, you find that you are still suffering from depression, anxiety, stress or anger, we have to take a look at other factors that could exacerbate your mental health symptoms. These include your lifestyle, your social interactions and/or your environment.
Eating and drinking to excess, lying on the couch all day and never going out to pursue hobbies or pleasurable activities are great ways to hasten depression, anxiety, anger or stress. Here are some things I want you to think about:
1. How much and how often do you drink alcohol?
2. How would you categorize your activity levels? Sedentary, a little active, athletic?
3. Do you have any hobbies or talents that you engage in?
4. What social interaction do you participate in? Are you a member of any clubs or organizations? Do you have friends that you enjoy engaging with?
5. How do you get along with your family, both immediate and extended?
6. How is your work-life? Do you enjoy the work but hate the demands placed on you?
7. Do you have any sort of life philosophy or spirituality? Even if you don’t believe in anything, what thoughts do you have on life in general or the world around you.
8. How would you classify your eating habits? Healthy, junk food oriented, occasional binging?
9. What kind of sleep do you get? Are you constantly waking up, getting only a couple hours a night, going to bed at various times? Do you feel refreshed in the morning?
10. What is your appearance like? Do you neglect personal hygiene or go without showering/bathing for long periods of time? How do you present yourself to other people and does this image show what you want to project?
Write down your thoughts on the above and see if there’s anything you may have overlooked. In the next article, I’ll talk about these ten factors and explain them in more detail.
Incoming search terms:
- who to talk to about anxiety
- medical doctor
- doctor for stress
- Doctors for Stress
- who to see for depression and anxiety
- doctor and patient
- Doctors for Depression and Anxiety
- doctors and patients
- medical doctors
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do i need for anxiety
- doctor for depression
- who to see for depression
- see doctor for stress
- doctors for depression
- when to see a doctor for stress
- who to talk to about stress
- medical doctor pictures
- what kind of doctor to see for anxiety
- doctor with patient
- who to talk to about anger
- doctor patient relationship
- when to see a doctor about stress
- who to see for anxiety
- doctors for anxiety
- doctor images
- what kind of doctor do you see for depression and anxiety
- who to speak to about anxiety
- what kind of doctor treats anxiety and depression
- doctor pictures
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety disorder relationship
- what type of doctor to see for anxiety
- low testosterone depression anxiety
- doctor for anxiety and depression
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups mental health anxiety disorders
- who to talk to about depression and anxiety
- doctor talking to patient
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety breathing disorders
- who to talk to when stressed
- doctor for depression and anxiety
- what doctor to see for stress
- what type of doctor do you see about stress
- Depression and Anxiety Doctors
- where to go for anxiety
- Find a Doctor for Anxiety
- what kind of doctor do [ see every day stress problems
- what kind of doctor do i see for depression
- who do i see for depression
- what kind of doctor to see for depression?
- stress and depression doctor
- WHAT KIND OF SPECIALIST TO CONSULT FOR STRESS
- what kind of doctor do you see about anxiety?
- can a intregated medical doctor help anxiety and depression
- who to see for stress and anger management
- what kind of doctor to seek for depression
- what does a doctor do? afrikaans
- who to see about stress
- what kind of doctor will i see from stress
- see a doctor for stress
- what doctors to see for depression and stress
- what kind of doctor should i go to for anxiety problems
- what kind of doctor treats anger management
- who do you see for depression?
- what kind of doctor helps with anger
- what kind of doctor should i see for stress
- who do you see for stress
- what kind of doctor should i see to if i need help for stress and anxiety
- who is the best doctor to see about my depression
- what kind of doctor to go to for anxiety
- who to see for stress
- what kind of medicine helps for anger issues and stress
- what kind of doctor do you see with stress symtoms
- what is a doctor that specializes in anger problems
- what drs can do for depresson and anxiety
- what dr do you go and see for antidepressant meds
- WHAT DR CARE OF ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION
- what doctors say about teen stress
- what doctors can help whith stress
- what doctor to see when suffering from severe stress
- what kind of medicone will a doctor give you for anger
- what is the best doctor to see for depression
- what is the name for a doctor for stress
- what kiknd of doctor do i see for depression
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety and depression
- what kind of doctor do you see for anger
- what kind of doctor do ii see if i feel sad and anxious?
- what kind of doctor do I talk to about anger
- what kind of doctor to see for depression
- will doctor write you off work for nerves
- what kind of doctor can give me a note for my anxiety
- what kind of a doctor do you see for anxiety problems
- what doctor to see for depression in germany?
- when to see a doctor for depression
- what type of dr for anger and depression
- what type of dr do i see for depression
- what type of doctore to see for alcoholism