Before you undertake any form of mental health counseling, you have to first rule out any medical condition that might be an underlying issue. If you do have a medical condition, sometimes addressing that will cause your other symptoms to lessen or disappear.
For example, if you are a 40’s something year-old male who is suffering from low testosterone levels – depression is very often a symptom. If you’re a male and 28 years old or older, getting your testosterone levels checked is something that should be part of your initial visit with a medical doctor. Also, please make sure that the
levels you have are appropriate for your age group. Some doctors will tell you that your levels are just within the “normal” range for men. Well, that’s fine, but a 40 year-old should not have the testosterone levels of a 70-year old.
Other conditions that could be an underlying issue for depression may include: diabetes, irregular hormone levels in both men and women, sleep apnea, alcoholism, a virus, drug dependency, and post-partum. There are others as well that are less understood, but the best advice is to get into your medical doctor first before doing anything else.
If, after you’ve been diagnosed, you find that you are still suffering from depression, anxiety, stress or anger, we have to take a look at other factors that could exacerbate your mental health symptoms. These include your lifestyle, your social interactions and/or your environment.
Eating and drinking to excess, lying on the couch all day and never going out to pursue hobbies or pleasurable activities are great ways to hasten depression, anxiety, anger or stress. Here are some things I want you to think about:
1. How much and how often do you drink alcohol?
2. How would you categorize your activity levels? Sedentary, a little active, athletic?
3. Do you have any hobbies or talents that you engage in?
4. What social interaction do you participate in? Are you a member of any clubs or organizations? Do you have friends that you enjoy engaging with?
5. How do you get along with your family, both immediate and extended?
6. How is your work-life? Do you enjoy the work but hate the demands placed on you?
7. Do you have any sort of life philosophy or spirituality? Even if you don’t believe in anything, what thoughts do you have on life in general or the world around you.
8. How would you classify your eating habits? Healthy, junk food oriented, occasional binging?
9. What kind of sleep do you get? Are you constantly waking up, getting only a couple hours a night, going to bed at various times? Do you feel refreshed in the morning?
10. What is your appearance like? Do you neglect personal hygiene or go without showering/bathing for long periods of time? How do you present yourself to other people and does this image show what you want to project?
Write down your thoughts on the above and see if there’s anything you may have overlooked. In the next article, I’ll talk about these ten factors and explain them in more detail.
Incoming search terms:
- who to talk to about anxiety
- medical doctor
- doctor for stress
- Doctors for Stress
- who to see for depression and anxiety
- doctor and patient
- Doctors for Depression and Anxiety
- doctors and patients
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety
- medical doctors
- what kind of doctor do i need for anxiety
- who to see for depression
- doctor for depression
- see doctor for stress
- doctors for depression
- when to see a doctor for stress
- who to talk to about stress
- what kind of doctor to see for anxiety
- medical doctor pictures
- who to see for anxiety
- doctor with patient
- doctors for anxiety
- who to talk to about anger
- doctor patient relationship
- when to see a doctor about stress
- what kind of doctor do you see for depression and anxiety
- doctor images
- what kind of doctor treats anxiety and depression
- who to speak to about anxiety
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety disorder relationship
- doctor pictures
- low testosterone depression anxiety
- doctor for anxiety and depression
- what type of doctor to see for anxiety
- doctor talking to patient
- who to talk to about depression and anxiety
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups mental health anxiety disorders
- who to talk to when stressed
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety breathing disorders
- who do you see for anxiety
- doctors for depression anxiety
- can a doctor give you something for you nerves
- what kind of doctor do i need for depression
- should i talk to my dr about anger
- who do you see to diagnose depression
- what kind of doctor to see for stress and anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you need to see to assess anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you go to for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you go for help with stress and anxiety
- what kind of doctor do i see for anxiety
- what will a doctor prescribe you for stress
- what will doctors do for anxiety
- what type of doctors do you go to for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do i see for personal issues
- what kind of doctor do i go to if im depressed
- what kind of doctor do I take my child to for teen depression
- what kind of doctors do you go to for anxiety
- what kind of doctors help anxiety
- what medical doctor deals with?
- what specialist do you see when you have over stress or burn out
- What kind of doctors discover depression
- what kind of doctor to see for anger and depression
- what kind of doctor should i see for anxiety
- what type of Dr do u need to go to for Depression?
- what will dr give for depression
- who do you see for anxiety problems
- doctor note for testing anxiety
- who do you talk to about anxiety
- who to call when your stressed
- who to see aboit anxiety
- who to see about anger issues
- who to see about anxiety
- what will doctors give u for anxiety
- who to see for anxiety and anger
- who to see for depression issues
- whom should i consult for depression and stress
- who do you see about anxiety
- who do i talk to about stress
- who do i see about anxiety
- when do you need see a doctor about Anxiety
- when is depression bad enough you should see a doctor
- when should i see a doctor for anxiety
- when suffering from anxiety what do i need to tell my doctor
- when to see a doctor for stress and anxiety
- when to see a doctor stress
- when to see a dr about anxiety
- when to see doctor about stress
- where to consult depression and stress
- which doctor do i see for anxiety
- which doctor treats stress
- will my doctor help me when have stress
- what kind of docter to see for stress
- anger doctor stress
- doctors and depression
- doctors and hormones for deppresion
- doctors for stress and depression