Before you undertake any form of mental health counseling, you have to first rule out any medical condition that might be an underlying issue. If you do have a medical condition, sometimes addressing that will cause your other symptoms to lessen or disappear.
For example, if you are a 40’s something year-old male who is suffering from low testosterone levels – depression is very often a symptom. If you’re a male and 28 years old or older, getting your testosterone levels checked is something that should be part of your initial visit with a medical doctor. Also, please make sure that the
levels you have are appropriate for your age group. Some doctors will tell you that your levels are just within the “normal” range for men. Well, that’s fine, but a 40 year-old should not have the testosterone levels of a 70-year old.
Other conditions that could be an underlying issue for depression may include: diabetes, irregular hormone levels in both men and women, sleep apnea, alcoholism, a virus, drug dependency, and post-partum. There are others as well that are less understood, but the best advice is to get into your medical doctor first before doing anything else.
If, after you’ve been diagnosed, you find that you are still suffering from depression, anxiety, stress or anger, we have to take a look at other factors that could exacerbate your mental health symptoms. These include your lifestyle, your social interactions and/or your environment.
Eating and drinking to excess, lying on the couch all day and never going out to pursue hobbies or pleasurable activities are great ways to hasten depression, anxiety, anger or stress. Here are some things I want you to think about:
1. How much and how often do you drink alcohol?
2. How would you categorize your activity levels? Sedentary, a little active, athletic?
3. Do you have any hobbies or talents that you engage in?
4. What social interaction do you participate in? Are you a member of any clubs or organizations? Do you have friends that you enjoy engaging with?
5. How do you get along with your family, both immediate and extended?
6. How is your work-life? Do you enjoy the work but hate the demands placed on you?
7. Do you have any sort of life philosophy or spirituality? Even if you don’t believe in anything, what thoughts do you have on life in general or the world around you.
8. How would you classify your eating habits? Healthy, junk food oriented, occasional binging?
9. What kind of sleep do you get? Are you constantly waking up, getting only a couple hours a night, going to bed at various times? Do you feel refreshed in the morning?
10. What is your appearance like? Do you neglect personal hygiene or go without showering/bathing for long periods of time? How do you present yourself to other people and does this image show what you want to project?
Write down your thoughts on the above and see if there’s anything you may have overlooked. In the next article, I’ll talk about these ten factors and explain them in more detail.
Incoming search terms:
- who to talk to about anxiety
- medical doctor
- doctor for stress
- Doctors for Stress
- who to see for depression and anxiety
- doctor and patient
- Doctors for Depression and Anxiety
- doctors and patients
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety
- medical doctors
- what kind of doctor do i need for anxiety
- who to see for depression
- doctor for depression
- see doctor for stress
- doctors for depression
- when to see a doctor for stress
- who to talk to about stress
- medical doctor pictures
- what kind of doctor to see for anxiety
- doctor with patient
- who to see for anxiety
- when to see a doctor about stress
- doctors for anxiety
- doctor patient relationship
- who to talk to about anger
- what kind of doctor do you see for depression and anxiety
- doctor images
- who to speak to about anxiety
- what kind of doctor treats anxiety and depression
- doctor pictures
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety disorder relationship
- low testosterone depression anxiety
- what type of doctor to see for anxiety
- who to talk to about depression and anxiety
- doctor talking to patient
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups mental health anxiety disorders
- doctor for anxiety and depression
- who to talk to when stressed
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety breathing disorders
- what type of doctor do you see for anxiety
- Anxiety and Depression Doctors
- who do you see for depression
- what doctor to see for anxiety
- doctors for depression anxiety
- what kind of doctor do i need for depression
- can a doctor give you something for you nerves
- what kind of dr do you see for anxiety
- what kind of doctor to see for anger and depression
- what kind of doctor should i see for anger
- What Type of Doctor Treats Anxiety
- what type of doctor treats anxiety and depression
- what type of medical doctors specialize in drepression
- what kind of doctor do you see when you cant deal with anger
- what will doctor give me for strss
- what will dr do for stress
- what type of doctor should i see for stress
- what kind of doctor to see for anxiety sand depression
- what kind of dr to talk to
- what kind of medication do i need for anger issues
- what knd of dr do you see for aniety depresion
- what medical doctor deals with?
- what specialist do you see when you have over stress or burn out
- what to say to doctors about anger and stress
- what type of doctor could assist with anxiety and depression
- what type of doctor do people go to for depression
- what kind of doctor to see if you have anxiety and low cholesterol?
- what kind of doctor do you need to see to assess anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you go to for high irritability
- what kind of doctor to see for stress
- what type of doctor do you see for depression
- what will dr give for depression
- when should i see a doctor for stress
- who do i talk to about getting medicine for anexity/depression?
- who do i talk to about stress
- who do you dee for anxiety depression
- who do you see for depression and anxiety
- who do you talk to about anger
- who do you talk to about anxiety
- who to call when your stressed
- whats the best doctor to go to for stress?
- who to see aboit anxiety
- who to see about anxiety
- who to see about stress and anxiety
- who to see for anxiety depression
- who to see for stress and anxiety
- who treats stress?
- who do i see about anxiety
- who can i see about depression
- which type of doctor to consult for stress related problems
- when to go to a doctor when you are stressed or depressed
- when to see a doctor for anxiety
- when to see a dr about anxiety
- when to see docror for depression
- when to see doctor about stress
- when to talk to a doctor about depression
- where do you go for anxiety deppression