Before you undertake any form of mental health counseling, you have to first rule out any medical condition that might be an underlying issue. If you do have a medical condition, sometimes addressing that will cause your other symptoms to lessen or disappear.
For example, if you are a 40’s something year-old male who is suffering from low testosterone levels – depression is very often a symptom. If you’re a male and 28 years old or older, getting your testosterone levels checked is something that should be part of your initial visit with a medical doctor. Also, please make sure that the
levels you have are appropriate for your age group. Some doctors will tell you that your levels are just within the “normal” range for men. Well, that’s fine, but a 40 year-old should not have the testosterone levels of a 70-year old.
Other conditions that could be an underlying issue for depression may include: diabetes, irregular hormone levels in both men and women, sleep apnea, alcoholism, a virus, drug dependency, and post-partum. There are others as well that are less understood, but the best advice is to get into your medical doctor first before doing anything else.
If, after you’ve been diagnosed, you find that you are still suffering from depression, anxiety, stress or anger, we have to take a look at other factors that could exacerbate your mental health symptoms. These include your lifestyle, your social interactions and/or your environment.
Eating and drinking to excess, lying on the couch all day and never going out to pursue hobbies or pleasurable activities are great ways to hasten depression, anxiety, anger or stress. Here are some things I want you to think about:
1. How much and how often do you drink alcohol?
2. How would you categorize your activity levels? Sedentary, a little active, athletic?
3. Do you have any hobbies or talents that you engage in?
4. What social interaction do you participate in? Are you a member of any clubs or organizations? Do you have friends that you enjoy engaging with?
5. How do you get along with your family, both immediate and extended?
6. How is your work-life? Do you enjoy the work but hate the demands placed on you?
7. Do you have any sort of life philosophy or spirituality? Even if you don’t believe in anything, what thoughts do you have on life in general or the world around you.
8. How would you classify your eating habits? Healthy, junk food oriented, occasional binging?
9. What kind of sleep do you get? Are you constantly waking up, getting only a couple hours a night, going to bed at various times? Do you feel refreshed in the morning?
10. What is your appearance like? Do you neglect personal hygiene or go without showering/bathing for long periods of time? How do you present yourself to other people and does this image show what you want to project?
Write down your thoughts on the above and see if there’s anything you may have overlooked. In the next article, I’ll talk about these ten factors and explain them in more detail.
Incoming search terms:
- who to talk to about anxiety
- medical doctor
- doctor for stress
- Doctors for Stress
- who to see for depression and anxiety
- doctor and patient
- Doctors for Depression and Anxiety
- doctors and patients
- medical doctors
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do i need for anxiety
- doctor for depression
- who to see for depression
- see doctor for stress
- when to see a doctor for stress
- doctors for depression
- who to talk to about stress
- medical doctor pictures
- what kind of doctor to see for anxiety
- doctor with patient
- doctors for anxiety
- doctor patient relationship
- when to see a doctor about stress
- who to talk to about anger
- doctor images
- what kind of doctor do you see for depression and anxiety
- who to see for anxiety
- who to speak to about anxiety
- doctor pictures
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety disorder relationship
- what kind of doctor treats anxiety and depression
- what type of doctor to see for anxiety
- low testosterone depression anxiety
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups mental health anxiety disorders
- who to talk to about depression and anxiety
- doctor talking to patient
- doctor for anxiety and depression
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety breathing disorders
- who to talk to when stressed
- what doctor to see for stress
- doctor for depression and anxiety
- Depression and Anxiety Doctors
- what kind of doctor to see for depression
- depression when to see a doctor
- see a doctor for stress
- anxiety when to see a doctor
- doctor for anxiety
- Anxiety and Depression Doctors
- what kind of medication do i need for anger issues
- what kind of medicone will a doctor give you for anger
- what kind of specialist should you see if you are stressed out and need someone to talk to
- what knd of dr do you see for aniety depresion
- what kind of doctor do i see if i need to talk
- what kind of doctor do ii see if i feel sad and anxious?
- What kind of doctor do you see for depression
- what lind if medicine do i need for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety and depression
- what kind of medicine helps for anger issues and stress
- what kind of doctor do you see when you cant deal with anger
- what kind of medical proffional should i see first if i have symtoms of high stress depression
- what kind of doctor should you see with depression
- what kind of doctor should i see for stress?
- what kind of doctor should i see for depression and anxiety
- what kind of doctor to see for stress
- what kind of doctor should i see to if i need help for stress and anxiety
- what kind of doctor for anxiety
- what kind of doctor would i see for anxiety and depression
- what kind of dr do i need to see for anger
- what kind of dr do i talk to about my problems ?
- what kind of doctor do you see with stress symtoms
- what kind of dr do you see for anxiety
- what kind of dr is for depression anger and stress
- what kind of dr to talk to
- what kind of dr who to see about depression anxiety
- what kind of dr would i see for depression
- what should i write down to bring to doctor about my anxiety and depression
- what to tell doctor to get something for anxiety depression
- which doctor to see when you need anxiety medication
- which dr should i go see for anxiety
- which medicine doctor give uoy for anxiety
- who can give medicine for stress and depression
- who can i see about depression
- who do i see about depression and anxiety
- who Do I See For Anxiety
- who do u talk to about anxiety and depression
- who do you see for depression and anxiety
- who i can see for my angry
- who should i see about depression
- who should i see for anxiety
- who to go see for anxiety
- who to see about depression
- who to see about stress and anxiety
- why are 40 somethings depressive
- will doctor write you off work for nerves
- which doctor to consult for anger management
- which doctor should i see for depression