Before you undertake any form of mental health counseling, you have to first rule out any medical condition that might be an underlying issue. If you do have a medical condition, sometimes addressing that will cause your other symptoms to lessen or disappear.
For example, if you are a 40’s something year-old male who is suffering from low testosterone levels – depression is very often a symptom. If you’re a male and 28 years old or older, getting your testosterone levels checked is something that should be part of your initial visit with a medical doctor. Also, please make sure that the
levels you have are appropriate for your age group. Some doctors will tell you that your levels are just within the “normal” range for men. Well, that’s fine, but a 40 year-old should not have the testosterone levels of a 70-year old.
Other conditions that could be an underlying issue for depression may include: diabetes, irregular hormone levels in both men and women, sleep apnea, alcoholism, a virus, drug dependency, and post-partum. There are others as well that are less understood, but the best advice is to get into your medical doctor first before doing anything else.
If, after you’ve been diagnosed, you find that you are still suffering from depression, anxiety, stress or anger, we have to take a look at other factors that could exacerbate your mental health symptoms. These include your lifestyle, your social interactions and/or your environment.
Eating and drinking to excess, lying on the couch all day and never going out to pursue hobbies or pleasurable activities are great ways to hasten depression, anxiety, anger or stress. Here are some things I want you to think about:
1. How much and how often do you drink alcohol?
2. How would you categorize your activity levels? Sedentary, a little active, athletic?
3. Do you have any hobbies or talents that you engage in?
4. What social interaction do you participate in? Are you a member of any clubs or organizations? Do you have friends that you enjoy engaging with?
5. How do you get along with your family, both immediate and extended?
6. How is your work-life? Do you enjoy the work but hate the demands placed on you?
7. Do you have any sort of life philosophy or spirituality? Even if you don’t believe in anything, what thoughts do you have on life in general or the world around you.
8. How would you classify your eating habits? Healthy, junk food oriented, occasional binging?
9. What kind of sleep do you get? Are you constantly waking up, getting only a couple hours a night, going to bed at various times? Do you feel refreshed in the morning?
10. What is your appearance like? Do you neglect personal hygiene or go without showering/bathing for long periods of time? How do you present yourself to other people and does this image show what you want to project?
Write down your thoughts on the above and see if there’s anything you may have overlooked. In the next article, I’ll talk about these ten factors and explain them in more detail.
Incoming search terms:
- who to talk to about anxiety
- medical doctor
- doctor for stress
- Doctors for Stress
- doctor and patient
- Doctors for Depression and Anxiety
- doctors and patients
- who to see for depression and anxiety
- medical doctors
- what kind of doctor do i need for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety
- doctor for depression
- who to see for depression
- doctors for depression
- see doctor for stress
- who to talk to about stress
- what kind of doctor to see for anxiety
- medical doctor pictures
- when to see a doctor for stress
- doctor patient relationship
- who to talk to about anger
- doctor with patient
- doctors for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you see for depression and anxiety
- who to speak to about anxiety
- when to see a doctor about stress
- who to see for anxiety
- what kind of doctor treats anxiety and depression
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety disorder relationship
- doctor pictures
- doctor images
- low testosterone depression anxiety
- what type of doctor to see for anxiety
- doctor for anxiety and depression
- doctor talking to patient
- who to talk to about depression and anxiety
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups mental health anxiety disorders
- who to talk to when stressed
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety breathing disorders
- Doctors That Specialize in Depression
- what can my doctor give me for stress
- what doctor should i see for anxiety and anger management
- stress when to see a doctor
- stress doctors findings
- Counselling for depression Anxiety by doctor
- how to talk to doctor about stress leave
- What type of doctor do you see for depression
- talking to a doctor about anger
- who to see about depression and anxiety
- doctor for stress?
- going to the doctor for anxiety
- having a reporr with ya doctor when your stressed
- findig a doctor for anxiey
- what kind of doctor do you go to for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you see for depression
- what can a doctor do for stress
- seeing doctor about stress
- what type of doctor deals with stress
- what kind of doctor do you see regarding anxiety
- what type of doctor do you see for anxiety
- seeing doctor about anxiety
- what kind of dr do you need to see if you have drepression and anxiety
- what to do to get help from doctor when suffering from depression
- DR THAT SPECAIALIZES IN BENZO
- do you have to see a special doctor for anxiety
- doctors that specialize in anxiety
- doctor for depression and anxiety
- who can perscribe no work for stress
- what will the doctor give you for anger
- Doctor for Stress and Anxiety
- anxity doctors
- can you go to the doctor for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you see for stress
- what kind of doctor do you see for depression and nervousness
- will a doctor give a doctors doctors note for anxiety
- whom to consult for stress
- what kind of doctor do you see to get prozac
- will a normal doctor see you fore your nerves worry
- what kind of doctor treats anxiety and stress
- what kind of doctor should i see if i want to be prescribed valium
- who to you go see to check for anxiety
- what kind of doctor should you see for stress
- who to see to talk about my anger
- what kind of doctor to see for anxiety and depression
- what kind of doctor treats anger
- who to see for anxiety and depression
- would a doctor give me anything for my anger
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety and depression
- wqhat do doctores do to stressed people
- What drs look for in anxiety
- what doctors specialize in drug management for anxiety
- what doctors do people go for nervousness
- what doctor to see for stress out