Before you undertake any form of mental health counseling, you have to first rule out any medical condition that might be an underlying issue. If you do have a medical condition, sometimes addressing that will cause your other symptoms to lessen or disappear.
For example, if you are a 40’s something year-old male who is suffering from low testosterone levels – depression is very often a symptom. If you’re a male and 28 years old or older, getting your testosterone levels checked is something that should be part of your initial visit with a medical doctor. Also, please make sure that the
levels you have are appropriate for your age group. Some doctors will tell you that your levels are just within the “normal” range for men. Well, that’s fine, but a 40 year-old should not have the testosterone levels of a 70-year old.
Other conditions that could be an underlying issue for depression may include: diabetes, irregular hormone levels in both men and women, sleep apnea, alcoholism, a virus, drug dependency, and post-partum. There are others as well that are less understood, but the best advice is to get into your medical doctor first before doing anything else.
If, after you’ve been diagnosed, you find that you are still suffering from depression, anxiety, stress or anger, we have to take a look at other factors that could exacerbate your mental health symptoms. These include your lifestyle, your social interactions and/or your environment.
Eating and drinking to excess, lying on the couch all day and never going out to pursue hobbies or pleasurable activities are great ways to hasten depression, anxiety, anger or stress. Here are some things I want you to think about:
1. How much and how often do you drink alcohol?
2. How would you categorize your activity levels? Sedentary, a little active, athletic?
3. Do you have any hobbies or talents that you engage in?
4. What social interaction do you participate in? Are you a member of any clubs or organizations? Do you have friends that you enjoy engaging with?
5. How do you get along with your family, both immediate and extended?
6. How is your work-life? Do you enjoy the work but hate the demands placed on you?
7. Do you have any sort of life philosophy or spirituality? Even if you don’t believe in anything, what thoughts do you have on life in general or the world around you.
8. How would you classify your eating habits? Healthy, junk food oriented, occasional binging?
9. What kind of sleep do you get? Are you constantly waking up, getting only a couple hours a night, going to bed at various times? Do you feel refreshed in the morning?
10. What is your appearance like? Do you neglect personal hygiene or go without showering/bathing for long periods of time? How do you present yourself to other people and does this image show what you want to project?
Write down your thoughts on the above and see if there’s anything you may have overlooked. In the next article, I’ll talk about these ten factors and explain them in more detail.
Incoming search terms:
- who to talk to about anxiety
- medical doctor
- Doctors for Stress
- doctor for stress
- doctor and patient
- Doctors for Depression and Anxiety
- doctors and patients
- medical doctors
- who to see for depression and anxiety
- what kind of doctor do i need for anxiety
- what kind of doctor do you see for anxiety
- doctor for depression
- who to see for depression
- see doctor for stress
- doctors for depression
- who to talk to about stress
- what kind of doctor to see for anxiety
- medical doctor pictures
- when to see a doctor for stress
- who to talk to about anger
- doctor patient relationship
- what kind of doctor do you see for depression and anxiety
- when to see a doctor about stress
- who to speak to about anxiety
- what kind of doctor treats anxiety and depression
- doctor pictures
- doctor images
- who to see for anxiety
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety disorder relationship
- doctors for anxiety
- doctor with patient
- low testosterone depression anxiety
- doctor talking to patient
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups mental health anxiety disorders
- doctor for anxiety and depression
- who to talk to about depression and anxiety
- what type of doctor to see for anxiety
- who to talk to when stressed
- Published News Upcoming News Submit a New Story Groups anxiety breathing disorders
- Doctors Who Specialize in Anxiety
- doctor for anxiety
- is there anything doctors can do for stress?
- what kind of doctor do i see for anxiety
- What doctors say about anxiety
- seeing a doctor for anxiety
- doctors for depression anxiety
- anxiety and depression doctors
- what do doctors prescribe for stress
- pictures of doctors and patients
- what do doctors give for stress
- what can my doctor give me for stress
- how to explain stress to doctor
- what doctor do you go to for anxiety
- What will my doctor give me for stress
- when to see the doctor about stress
- depression anxiety stress doctors
- who to see for stress
- stress when to see a doctor
- Who do you see for depression
- patients and doctors
- photos of doctors with patients
- seeing a doctor about depression
- help seeing a doctor for anger anxiety
- what can the doctor give me for stress
- stressed out when when to go to doctor
- what kind of medication the doctor gave for stress
- how to talk to doctor about stress leave
- seeing a doctor for stress
- what type of doctor treats driving anxiety
- what can a doctor do for anxiety
- i need a good stress doctor
- Is there an anxiety doctor
- seeing doctor about stress
- WHAT KIND OF DOCTOR DO YOU GO TO IF YOU HAVE HEADACHES AND DEPRESSION
- How do to explain to your doctor that you are depressed and have anger issues and would like something prescribed to help both
- elderly with doctor
- what doctor to see for anxiety
- can the dr prescribe me anything for stess
- when to see a dr for depression
- when to see dr about depression
- what will a doctor prescribe for stress
- who to see about depression and anxiety
- who should i see for anxiety
- can u see the doctor about stree
- depression and anxiety drs in md
- what kind of doctor can i see for depression
- who do you see for anxiety
- what kind od doctor wiuld i see for anger issues
- who to see avout anxiety and depression
- Best Doctor for Anxiety
- what do you call a doctor that deals with stress
- should i visit the doctor for my stress
- WHAT DOCTORS HELP WITH ANGER
- who to talk to about anxiety without going to your personal doctor
- doctors that help with stress
- what kind of doctor do i see for depression and anxiety